Off Topic Thread

Maybe mom is one of those people who keeps the tree up all year. :grinning:

1 Like

@AuntCarolR I’m glad you found some strawberry whip cream! I could eat that all alone.

My daughter and I were thrifting and she found these temp-tations old world confetti parfait cups for 75cents each. Of course I had to pick them up. I was surprised she spotted them being a 21 year old this so not her aesthetic. It gives Grandma-core.

7 Likes

Happy Memorial Day 2 2024

14 Likes

20 Likes

Memorial Day 3

15 Likes

My right knee is going bad. Doc says it is mild arthritis. ( Left knee also, same spot but not bad yet.). I have a brace and start PT next week.

Just recently started paying attention to comments about inflammation and products/supplements like turmeric to help with it. Not sure it is legit. I tend to give that stuff the side-eye.

Any experience or thoughts on the reality of ā€œinflammationā€ and success in treatment?

I know I can google. Reputable sites?

4 Likes

Thank you so much, @PattiGarry ! I appreciate you taking the time to respond so generously. I will look for that tumeric supplement to start!

1 Like

Another option is magnesium lotion. I’ve got RA in my left knee which thankfully comes and goes.
I’ve had good results with Life-flo magnesium lotion. Got it off Amazon. Between that and trying to keep moving / walking, it helps a lot.

I agree with @PattiGarry about cleansing and experimenting with your diet too.

3 Likes

If you’re on any medications, just be sure it’s ok to take turmeric with them.

4 Likes

Youbetcha, I have arthritic knees, lumbar arthritis and degenerated discs. PT and heat therapy help but I also get benefits from apple cider vinegar. I take a teaspoon a day in a glass of water and rub the vinegar directly into any areas that hurt. Since I don’t want to go around smelling like salad, I wait a while after rubbing in the vinegar and then rub on a lightly scented skin cream.

My sister has arthritic hands. She says using CBD cream takes her pain away.

4 Likes

This may sound like an odd recommendation but here goes: when talking to our veterinarian about a joint supplement for our elderly golden, he told me that the company that makes the supplement he recommends for his canine patients also makes supplements for people. He had had knee surgery and was looking for something to take to relieve his joint discomfort. The supplement he chose worked so well for him that he started recommending the company’s canine version for his patients and found they were responding well to it, including our dog. The company is Nutramax and the people version of the joint supplement is Cosamin ASU (the canine version is Dasuquin). So while I can only relay my vet’s personal experience with Cosamin, I can confirm that Dasuqin has really helped our golden!

6 Likes

Thanks to all of you! I appreciate your help and input. :heart:

2 Likes

@PattiGarry I do hope at some time you are able to witness a launch! I’ve lived in this area for a couple of years now and it is a truly humbling experience every time it happens.

3 Likes

My hubbie and I flew to Florida to see a Space X launch. We bought tickets to be close to the launch pad and everything, but then we had to cancel at the last minute. I was devastated. The launch, as so often occurs, didn’t happen on the day it was scheduled, so that is a frustrating thing. Some day, we are going to see it though!

We had a blast visiting the Kennedy Space Center, and when I saw the shuttle Atlantis, I totally geeked out and cried like a girl.

I’m so impressed with you, being a pilot, @PattiGarry! I would never have the courage, plus my ears hate high altitudes so flying is something I try to do only rarely.

6 Likes

The space shuttle endeavor lives at the science museum in my hometown. I remember when the shuttle flew over my neighborhood piggy backed on another plane. It was pretty awesome experience to see it.

7 Likes

there is one at the Smithsonian at Dulles

2 Likes

Thank you @aristo for this picture. It’s like a stab in the heart whenever I look at it. Thank you brave military men and women who are ā€œwinners and courageousā€ people to serve.

11 Likes

If this was asked before, i apologize. Is there a way to see if some other snarker is on the board. Sometimes i feel so all alone :sleepy:

4 Likes

I looked through all my settings. I couldn’t find one that would allow or prevent anyone from knowing if I was here.

1 Like

Ho;iday D-Day June 6 1944
Bless those who served and helped end WWII.

21 Likes